Ragging means the doing of any act of physical or mental abuse (including bullying and exclusion) targeted at another student (fresher or otherwise) on the ground of colour, race, religion, caste, ethnicity, gender ( including transgender), sexual orientation, appearance, nationality, regional origins, linguistic identity, place of birth, place of residence or economic background.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING:
The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Cell, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely,
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
ANTI-RAGGING CELL-COMPOSITION (2021-2022)
|Dr. P K Sudarsanan||Principal|
|Ms. Preethy M N (Asst. Prof. Dept. of English)||Convenor|
|Ms. Divya E (Asst. Prof. Dept. of Commerce||Co-ordinator|
|Ms. Sheena Thomas (Asst. Prof. Dept. of Computer Science)||Member|
|Mr. Lesly Paul (Board Member, MEC Kottappady)||Local Representative|
|Mr. M Sreekumar||Local Representative|
|Ms. Mini Gopi||President, Kottappady Grama Panchayat|
|Ms. Remya Joby||PTA Vice President|