1. All students admitted in Mar Elias College must observe the rules and regulations that may be framed from time to time by the management to ensure peaceful campus atmosphere.
2. Every student is responsible for proper handling and safe custody of any apparatus/equipment that he/she may be using. In case of any intentional or negligent damage or loss to the college property, the student shall have to pay the cost of repair or replacement.
3. Ragging of any kind is strictly prohibited. Any student found ragging shall be strictly punished by the management as per the law and rules of Kerala Government ragging prohibition act 1998.
4. 75% attendance is compulsory in all academic activities. Students failing to attain the prescribed attendance will not be allowed to appear in the university examination.
5. The students who use mobile phones during the class time without the permission of teachers will be imposed a fine of Rs.250/-
6. The college campus is a no smoking/alcohol free zone.
7. Students are not allowed to sit in the college canteen during class hours.
8. Students are prohibited from organizing or attending meetings in the college, distributing notices, collecting money and exhibiting banners, flags, posters etc without permission of the principal. Political campaigning /organizational activities are banned in the campus, save those official activities which are specifically permitted or sponsored by the college authorities.
9. Any unhealthy relationship between students which might affect their academic performance, breach their personal space or affect the reputation of the institution will be strictly dealt with.
10. Students must park their vehicles only in the allotted space at their own risk. They should not bring four wheelers to the campus. Stunting & racing of vehicles within the campus is strictly banned. The security/college staffs are authorized to inspect the records of the vehicles entering the campus. Speed limit of vehicles inside the campus is 20 Km/hr.
11. Students shall always wear identity cards issued by the college with tag and show them as and when demanded by the principal, teachers, office staff & security staff. Proper uniform is compulsory. A fine of Rs. 25/- will be charged from students who violate this rule. Discipline committee shall have the powers to deny admission to students to classes/offices/labs/library/meeting/cultural programmes and other programmes in case of violation of the dress code of the college.
12. All students should reach the classroom before 9:30 am and shall not leave the campus without permission of HoDs/class in charges/charges/Principle during class time. A fine of Rs.25/- will be imposed on late-comers.
13. Students who want to avail college bus facility in between the semester will have to pay full bus fee for the entire semester. Students those who are not requested the bus facility but found in travelling by college bus will be charged with full bus fee as fine.
14. Parents must attend the PTA meetings and open houses. They should verify the progress report and signed it and enquire about their child’s academic progress.
15. The fee schedule for all categories of students is the beginning of each semester. In case a fee is not deposited till the due date a fine will be charged. Once the fee is deposited, it will not be refunded, transferred or adjusted in any other account. If a student leaves the course in mid-term, he/she will be liable to pay the balance of fee for the whole course.
16. Complaints of students will be looked in to if they are presented through proper channel. Any case of criminal activity or violation of law and order in the campus will be reported to the police and the police need to be register case and initiate action against offenders. Matters not covered by these rules are left to the discretion of the principal and his/her decision shall be final.
17. Students who want to participate in extracurricular and co-curricular activities get prior written permission from the principal through applications forwarded by concerned HoDs
18. The College management and Principal shall be final authority in the interpretation of the college rules.