Scholarship Policy of Mar Elias College
•Scholarship Policy of the College, since its inception, Mar Elias College is committed to its social responsibilities towards the various categories of students and played a vital role in uplifting the morals and educational quality of students.
•The stakeholders of the College, takes special initiative to motivate promising and meritorious students by providing facilities for educational betterment and various scholarships ,along with the Government and University scholarships.
• With regards to scholarships/awards instituted by Mar Elias College, students are nominated as per the defined eligibility criteria mentioned for the each category of scholarships/awards.
• The College has framed the Policy Statement for Scholarships/Awards for the smooth and efficient functioning of the institution, selection and disbursement of the scholarships. For getting scholarships from Centre and State Govt, students are required to apply online through the respective government portals and all necessary help is provided by the institution to make the process easier for them.
•The details of scholarships instituted by the College are updated in the college calendar every year.
Awards and Scholarships Instituted by Mar Elias College, Kottappady, are the following:
1. Proficiency Scholarship for the best outgoing student from each department
2. Admission discount for Mar Elias students for higher studies in the same institution.
3. Uniform fee concession for the eligible students etc.
Mar Elias College has always been pleased to help the poor and needy students in the campus. The first and foremost, initiative of the Institution as part of Non-Government scholarship was to provide fee concession for the deserving students. The Institution also encourages the students who secured 90% above marks for their Higher Secondary examination will get 50% fee deduction from the institution. The institution also provides proficiency prize for the toppers from each stream.