Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
BSW or Bachelor of Social Work is a professional degree majoring in the field of social work offered at the undergraduate (UG) level. SW degree course has a duration of three years that is further divided into six semesters.
To educate social work student for the effective intervention at the points were people have interaction with their environment.
- Aid them in pursuing higher studies.
- Help the learners to execute community development and skill development programmes in the community.
- To develop among the students an understanding about different approaches of providing help to people in need
- To familiarise the students with the professional role of social workers in different settings
- To develop professional skills and knowledge through field work and working with people.
- Social worker
- Trainee officer
- NGO project officer
- Outreach worker
- Urban and rural community development
- Rehab centres
- Family and child welfare